Couch Seed 1KG
Anco Couch Seed is coated with a fine nutrient layer to enhance establishment of the seedling.
Robust lawn from seed. Sows 100 square metres seed 1kg.
We can not send our seed to Tasmania or Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
- Use where a self repairing lawn that is located in full sun is required from seed.
- Creeping habit
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Drought tolerant lawn once established. Requires full sun.
Couch Seed Sowing Instructions
Couch seed should be sown at a rate of 1kg per 100 square metres.
Due to its small size it is recommended to sow Couch seed separately from other seeds if a mix is required.
When sowing couch seed it is recommended to mix it with sand prior to spreading. Simply mix one bucket of sand to the required amount of seed per 100 square metres and spread the mix over the area to be sown.
This process makes the task of evenly spreading the seed easier to achieve and reduces the potential of patchy germination.
- Couch seed should only be lightly raked after sowing. Do not bury the seed more than 5mm below the surface.
- The seed bed should be kept constantly moist until the new seedlings are at the three-leaf stage.
- Couch seed can take up to 21 days to germinate.
- The ideal time for sowing Couch in Melbourne is November – late January.
|Dimensions||22 × 22 × 20 cm|
Self repairing lawn.
Fertilise in September, November and February with Lawn Food and a Starter fertiliser in late March. Mow regularly. To read about establishing a lawn from seed, view our on our blog here.
Mow regularly and short at a maximum of 25mm for best results.