Kikuyu Seed 500G
Anco Pure Kikuyu Seed is coated with a fine nutrient layer to enhance establishment of the seedling.
Pure Kikuyu Sowing Rate; 400 square metres seeds 500 gms.
We can not send our seed to Tasmania or Western Australia due to quarantine restrictions.
- Hardwearing lawn from seed
- Medium to coarse
- Additional information
- Reviews (2)
Pure Kikuyu seed for sowing. Recomended sowing time November to end January. Sows 400 square metres.
Kikuyu Seed Sowing Instructions
Due to the low sowing rate of Kikuyu seed (120-200gms per 100 square metres) it is recommended to mix it with sand prior to spreading. Simply mix one bucket of sand to the required amount of seed per 100 square metres and spread the mix over the area to be sown.
This process makes the task of evenly spreading the seed easier to achieve.
Anco can mix Kikuyu with other seeds however we recommend that Kikuyu seed is kept separate as its round shape makes it susceptible to settling in the bag when transported and or stored. This can result in a patchy lawn if the seed is not re-mixed prior to sowing.
- Kikuyu seed should only be lightly raked after sowing. Do not bury the seed more than 5mm below the surface.
- The seed bed should be kept constantly moist until the new seedlings are at the three-leaf stage.
- Kikuyu seed can take up to 21 days to germinate.
- The ideal time for sowing Kikuyu in Melbourne is November – late January.
|22 × 22 × 20 cm
Mow regularly. Feed each season. To read about establishing a lawn from seed, view our on our blog here.
mow regularly at 20-30mm.