All turf deliveries require up to 7 working days to fulfill.
Turf deliveries are only made on Monday- Saturday only.
Our delivery driver will call you the day before your order is due to confirm delivery time.
We only deliver to Bass Coast/Gippsland region on Wednesday.
Please note: All turf will be delivered to the nature strip only.
Kikuyu Plus was specially developed to have brand new characteristics for Kikuyu in all the traits where the old style common Kikuyu fell short.
Kikuyu Plus is Anco’s traditional Kikuyu turf that has been over-sown with an annual ryegrass to improve on its Winter colour qualities whilst creating a denser and tighter knit profile.
It performs very well under low maintenance regimes where water and fertiliser is limited. It has an excellent dark green colour that holds into winter when traditional Kikuyu is yellowing oﬀ. Kikuyu Plus has a denser sward than common Kikuyu, and the more dense a sward, the less chance of weed invasion. Kikuyu Plus is ideal to use in those very high use situations where aggressive growth is required to cope with wear and tear.
Square Meters Needed
Out of stock
- Rhizomatous and stoloniferous
- Fine Leaf
- Additional information
- Reviews (3)
- Home Lawns
- Commercial landscapes
- Aggressive growth habit where wear and tear is an issue.
- Low input grass, doesn’t require a lot of fertiliser and water
- Drought tolerant
- Dark green colour
- Rapid recovery from wear
- Improved drought tolerance due to deep rooting nature.
- Rapid establishment in all seasons
- Excellent colour Year round.
- Reasonable shade tolerance
- Quick to repair
- Better cool season colour and growth than straight Kikuyu
- Multi purpose lawn type
This product is ONLY available for Melbourne based customers.
- For optimum growth apply a high Nitrogen Lawn Food in September.
- Remove thatch each spring in mid to late November and follow this with an application of Lawn Food and a deep irrigation.
- Topdress with sand or loamy soil to achieve a level surface.
- In summer the use of wetting agents will keep the turf green and reduce the incidence of dry patches.
- In March apply Lawn Food to aid root and rhizome production prior to winter dormancy. This will hasten the spring green-up process.
If weeds appear it is best to remove them by hand if possible as chemicals can discolour or kill the grass. Specific products that are safe to use on your Eureka lawn are available at our Anco stores.
Regular mowing improves the quality and look of Kikuyu. It should not be left longer than 35mm, as thatching and scalping tendencies will increase. The ideal mowing height is 20-25mm. It can be mown shorter (15mm)
if mown regularly in spring and summer. Less frequent mowing is required in autumn and winter.