All turf deliveries require up to 7 working days to fulfill.
Turf deliveries are only made on Monday- Saturday only.
Our delivery driver will call you the day before your order is due to confirm delivery time.
Please note: All turf will be delivered to the nature strip only.
Eureka Kikuyu was specially developed to have brand new characteristics for Kikuyu in all the traits where the old style common Kikuyu fell so short. Eureka Kikuyu performs very well under low maintenance regimes where water and fertiliser is limited. It has an excellent dark green colour that holds into winter when traditional Kikuyu is yellowing off.
Eureka Kikuyu has a denser sward than common Kikuyu, and the more dense a sward, the less chance of weed invasion. Eureka Kikuyu is ideal to use in those very high use situations where aggressive growth is required to cope with wear and tear.
Square Meters Needed
Product in HIGH DEMAND can only be ordered over the phone.
- Rhizomatous and stoloniferous
- Fine Leaf
- Reviews (10)
- Home Lawns
- Commercial landscapes
- Golf tees & fairways
- Tennis courts
- Cricket wickets
- Croquet greens
- Excellent drought tolerance
- Fine leaf
- Salt tolerant
- High wear resistance
- Short dormancy period
- Tolerant of recycled water
- Adapted to a wide range of soil types
- Apply Lawn Solutions Australia lawn food in September and again in December. Remove thatch each spring in mid to late November and follow this with an application of Lawn Solutions Australia lawn food and a deep irrigation.
- Topdressing with sand or loamy soil to achieve a level surface minimises turf scalping. Topdressing can take place after full recovery from de-thatching processes or at any time during mid-late spring.
- In summer the use of wetting agents will keep the turf green and reduce the incidence of hydrophobic soil.
- In March apply Lawn Solutions Australia Lawn Food to enhance root production prior to winter dormancy
Regular mowing improves the quality and look of a Nullarbor Santa Ana lawn. A manicured look can be achieved with Nullarbor Santa Ana if mown short. It should not be left longer than 25mm, as thatching and scalping tendencies will increase. The ideal mowing height is 8-15mm. It can be mown shorter (6mm) if mown with a cylinder mower regularly in spring and summer. Less frequent mowing is required in autumn and winter. If a very short lawn is required (6-8mm) biweekly mowing in the growing season will be necessary to avoid scalping.
Nullarbor Couch is widely used as it makes a good environmentally friendly surface for your yard, playing field or parkland area when frequently mowed every 5-7 days in summer.